Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Oh, Sorry...
I know it's been a while, I guess I just haven't been in a blogging mood for a couple...months. Sorry.
Basically, a new year has started. My final semester at Reynolds has begun, and that (among other things) has left me in a perpetually contemplative and wistful state. My apologies to anyone who has to be around me these days.
Lately I've been in a very...ballad-ish mood. Simon & Garfunkel are my new old best friends...
Can you imagine us years from today
Sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange to be seventy.
Here is my song for the asking
Ask me and I will play
So sweetly, I'll make you smile
This is my tune for the taking
Take it, don't turn away
I've been waiting all my life
...
Ask me and I will play
All the love that I hold inside
When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all
I'm on your side, when times get rough
and friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down
...Steven Curtis Chapman is constant source of musical joy...
Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I will be here
Oh, I will be here.
...Barlow Girl balances out the group as a more recent find...
I know of course what I should do
That I can't hold these dreams forever
If I give them now to You
Will You take them away forever?
Or can I dream again?
Surrender, surrender you whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can't you see?
My dreams are me. My dreams are me
...and Five For Fighting just...is...
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to choose
Hey 15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
Those are the songs of Senior Year, I think.
I got pictures back from The Music Man, I might post them tomorrow, if you're lucky.
Basically, a new year has started. My final semester at Reynolds has begun, and that (among other things) has left me in a perpetually contemplative and wistful state. My apologies to anyone who has to be around me these days.
Lately I've been in a very...ballad-ish mood. Simon & Garfunkel are my new old best friends...
Can you imagine us years from today
Sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange to be seventy.
Here is my song for the asking
Ask me and I will play
So sweetly, I'll make you smile
This is my tune for the taking
Take it, don't turn away
I've been waiting all my life
...
Ask me and I will play
All the love that I hold inside
When you're weary, feeling small
When tears are in your eyes, I will dry them all
I'm on your side, when times get rough
and friends just can't be found
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down
Like a bridge over troubled water, I will lay me down
...Steven Curtis Chapman is constant source of musical joy...
Tomorrow morning, if you wake up
And the sun does not appear
I will be here
Oh, I will be here.
...Barlow Girl balances out the group as a more recent find...
I know of course what I should do
That I can't hold these dreams forever
If I give them now to You
Will You take them away forever?
Or can I dream again?
Surrender, surrender you whisper gently
You say I will be free
I know but can't you see?
My dreams are me. My dreams are me
...and Five For Fighting just...is...
15 there's still time for you
Time to buy and time to choose
Hey 15, there's never a wish better than this
When you only got 100 years to live
Those are the songs of Senior Year, I think.
I got pictures back from The Music Man, I might post them tomorrow, if you're lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment