Thursday, May 26, 2005
California, Here I Come
I know I promised a post with pictures from my birthday party and all that rot, but life's been cah-razy lately so I haven't had much time for simple pleasures like bloggin'.
list 'o' recent events
- I got an A+ on my last Beaman final.
- Jared N. and Jenell D. stayed at my house until 4:00 AM the night of my party. We just sat on my couch and chatted and made horribly pathetic jokes.
- I pulled my first all-nighter working on my scary research paper for Mr. Beaman's class.
- I sang a solo at Wrap Up and made friend and family cry (tears of happiness).
- I ran for choir president or vice president and lost both.
- I went on a retreat with my Czech team and had an awesome time. We did a ropes course up there and I, being as afraid of heights as I am, was a little freaked out. Thankfully my team was there to support me and we all worked together to get through our fears. I think we all learned a lot about ourselves; I know I did.
- I got an A+ on a Principles of Technology test I thought I would fail.
- I got an A on that scary research paper for Beaman and he wants me to present my paper to the Young Historians conference next spring. Almost every time I see him lately he says, "Great paper, Lynsey!" Now I don' have to worry about this last final so much! Yay!
- I got another haircut! This one is shorter, but sorta similar to the one I got before. After this weekend I'll post a bunch of pictures and you can see my new "do."
I'll bet you're probably asking yourself, "Self, what is Lynsey going to do to celebrate all of the cool things that have happened to her lately?" Well, dear reader, the answer is simple: I'm goin' to Disneyland! Yep, that's right, in twenty-four hours I'll be in the magic kingdom having a blast with all of my choir buds. We only have about half a day's worth of actual music competition, and then we spend the rest of the time just playing in Disneyland. Awesome. That's all I have to say about that.
I'll try to post pictures and stories from Disneyland shortly after I return, but now I need to go pack...hehe...
list 'o' recent events
- I got an A+ on my last Beaman final.
- Jared N. and Jenell D. stayed at my house until 4:00 AM the night of my party. We just sat on my couch and chatted and made horribly pathetic jokes.
- I pulled my first all-nighter working on my scary research paper for Mr. Beaman's class.
- I sang a solo at Wrap Up and made friend and family cry (tears of happiness).
- I ran for choir president or vice president and lost both.
- I went on a retreat with my Czech team and had an awesome time. We did a ropes course up there and I, being as afraid of heights as I am, was a little freaked out. Thankfully my team was there to support me and we all worked together to get through our fears. I think we all learned a lot about ourselves; I know I did.
- I got an A+ on a Principles of Technology test I thought I would fail.
- I got an A on that scary research paper for Beaman and he wants me to present my paper to the Young Historians conference next spring. Almost every time I see him lately he says, "Great paper, Lynsey!" Now I don' have to worry about this last final so much! Yay!
- I got another haircut! This one is shorter, but sorta similar to the one I got before. After this weekend I'll post a bunch of pictures and you can see my new "do."
I'll bet you're probably asking yourself, "Self, what is Lynsey going to do to celebrate all of the cool things that have happened to her lately?" Well, dear reader, the answer is simple: I'm goin' to Disneyland! Yep, that's right, in twenty-four hours I'll be in the magic kingdom having a blast with all of my choir buds. We only have about half a day's worth of actual music competition, and then we spend the rest of the time just playing in Disneyland. Awesome. That's all I have to say about that.
I'll try to post pictures and stories from Disneyland shortly after I return, but now I need to go pack...hehe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment