Monday, May 24, 2004
We did not change as we grew older; we just became more clearly ourselves. - Lynn Hall
This post is to celebrate a number of things. First of all, this is my 100th post on my blog, and I think that's pretty darn cool. Second, I had a pretty good day because I barely had to do anything and got to just hang out instead.
The final and most prevalent reason for my rapture is actually something I'm quite proud of myself for realizing. This past week or so has brought me to the conclusion that recently, I have not been myself. I have been acting and dressing contrary to who I am. Swooning all over myself and changing how I act for some dumb guy is just really not my style, and i really don't need to wear any of the makeup I wear to school. I've decided to just be myself now. There will be less swooning, more intelligent conversation and makeup will pretty much be reserved for church and special occasions. Lip gloss will once again be my solitary must-have when "primping" in the morning.
This realization about how much I've changed myself for one person has drawn me to another important decision. I don't like that I exerted so much effort just to hopefully please this guy I mentioned in my last post, so I'm not going to worry about him anymore. I thank all of you guys who tried to give me advice concerning the situation, but I don't want to have a relapse. Besides, I saw the guy today and I think I just want to be his friend. He's really nice, but I don't think going out with him is what I really want right now. Hopefully I can still pursue a friendship with him and leave behind my little spell of extreme stupidity. Phew! I'm glad that's over!
Anyway, in order to celebrate my 100th post, my good day and my little epiphany, I have change the look of my site. Enjoy!
Edit - 5:22 PM
I almost forgot! Jenell has finally triumphed in the harsh environment known as RHS. She made dance team! I'm so proud...*cries*
This post is to celebrate a number of things. First of all, this is my 100th post on my blog, and I think that's pretty darn cool. Second, I had a pretty good day because I barely had to do anything and got to just hang out instead.
The final and most prevalent reason for my rapture is actually something I'm quite proud of myself for realizing. This past week or so has brought me to the conclusion that recently, I have not been myself. I have been acting and dressing contrary to who I am. Swooning all over myself and changing how I act for some dumb guy is just really not my style, and i really don't need to wear any of the makeup I wear to school. I've decided to just be myself now. There will be less swooning, more intelligent conversation and makeup will pretty much be reserved for church and special occasions. Lip gloss will once again be my solitary must-have when "primping" in the morning.
This realization about how much I've changed myself for one person has drawn me to another important decision. I don't like that I exerted so much effort just to hopefully please this guy I mentioned in my last post, so I'm not going to worry about him anymore. I thank all of you guys who tried to give me advice concerning the situation, but I don't want to have a relapse. Besides, I saw the guy today and I think I just want to be his friend. He's really nice, but I don't think going out with him is what I really want right now. Hopefully I can still pursue a friendship with him and leave behind my little spell of extreme stupidity. Phew! I'm glad that's over!
Anyway, in order to celebrate my 100th post, my good day and my little epiphany, I have change the look of my site. Enjoy!
Edit - 5:22 PM
I almost forgot! Jenell has finally triumphed in the harsh environment known as RHS. She made dance team! I'm so proud...*cries*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment